Brandon Heiman // SF, CA
Senior Industrial Designer, fuseproject (2016 - present)
Industrial Designer, fuseproject (2014 - 2016)
Industrial Design Contractor, fuseproject (2013 - 2014)
- Lead projects with small teams of talented people.
- Always keep high-design, quality, and function at forefront.
- Create products and experiences at world renowned design studio.
- Establish narratives that help drive design forward with purpose, intelligence and value.
- Problem solve quickly while thinking ahead to visualize potential roadblocks.
- Develop new design techniques in order to iterate / streamline / evolve designs.
- Work with / learn from founder Yves Béhar ensuring the vision he sets is met.
- Collaborate with diverse multi-faceted team, who constantly push each other to perform and deliver incredible work.
- Member of team chosen to revamp materials library with better usability thru organization and design.
- Work with team & clients on projects such as: Desktop Metal, Fluidigm, Duracell, Paypal, Jawbone, OLPC, August, SodaStream, Nivea, Centro, and Whole World Water
Industrial Design instructor, Academy of Art University ( 2015 - 2017)
- lead lectures on design theory and principles.
- strengthen their willingness to push themselves physically and mentally.
- drive home the importance of designing with a sense of meaning and story.
- ask the hard questions in order to lead student down the right path yet find solutions for themselves.
- mentor senior level students to become ready for their professional careers
- provide feedback and critique along the way
- after graduation continue to be a contact for the industry and mentorship
Industrial Design / R&D / Advertising, Rio Mobility (2011 - 2013)
- Jump into ongoing projects helping to bring to completion.
- Help solve difficult mechanical problems while applying higher level aesthetics.
- Work closely with Engineer to take prototypes to manufacturable level.
- Preform quality control and note design changes needed to increase product reliability.
- SolidWorks modeling and blueprinting.
- Design and implement new advertising systems with strong emotional connection to target user.
- Create new higher level video/graphic content for future website update.
Freelance, Zero Nine Design LLC. (2012)
- Solid modeling of next gen medical equipment.
- User ergonomic awareness.
- Interpreting design intentions from sketch to volume study.
- Consult with Principal.
- Out-of-office work and communication.
Freelance, Maingear Inc. (2010)
- Concept development and revamp.
- Design variations for review.
- Limited production and cost constraints.
- Focus on thermal qualities and air flow.
Industrial Design / Sales, Fatlace LLC. (2009 - 2011)
- Create concept drawings, sketch models, 3D CAD renderings, and blueprints to enhance product viability.
- Create a Project Plan spreadsheet to make green-lighting and design phase understanding efficient for creative director.
- Speak with new manufactures (US and overseas) to establish connections with those able to produce new prototypes and products.
- Work as sole industrial designer creating a new product line for Fatlace while working closely with creative director.
- Research and analyze potential product opportunities. Hard and soft goods included.
- Take on multiple projects and bring them to a manufacturable level.
- Graphic design work with an understanding and implementation of second and third generation re-branding opportunities.
- Document and blog using product photography and the written word to help sell items through an online medium.
Technician / Fabrication, S-Car-Go Racing Inc. (2004-2010)
- Interaction with valued customers. In person and via phone.
- Taking on large expensive projects with refined goals.
- Organize and help with efficient part distribution and display presentation.
- Design and fabricate parts needed for custom Porsche projects
- Work as a team under pressure of tight deadlines late into the night.
- Film and photograph everything of interest for website content.
- General Porsche maintenance, modification and tuning.
- Bachelors of Industrial Design - Academy Art (2012)
- Selected to attend AAU industry meet and greet spring - 2011 & 2012
- Chosen for Americas Cup + AAU Team China 2030 Redesign - 2012
- Student Showcase AAU "Spring Show" - 2012
- Outside the box problem solving
- Conceptual ideation
- Digital and analog sketching
- Ergonomic studies/needs
- Material and color trends
- Target market research
- Trend analysis
- Competitor analysis
- Presentation rendering
- CAD (Solidworks, Rhino+Grasshopper, & Alias)
- Product photography
- Graphic design & Branding
- Prototyping & Model making
- Vacuum forming
- Welding (Mig/Tig)
- Machining (Mill/Lathe)
- Silk screening
- Material strengths
- Electrical device wiring/schematics
- Work closely with senior designers and other teammates
- Organized creative process
- Excellent communication abilities
- Ability to take on multiple projects
- Process documentation
- Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier, InDesign, Sketchbook pro
- Rhino, Grasshopper, Alias, SolidWorks
- Data organization in Excel and Google Docs
- Blog related activities via Wordpress